Saturday, December 13, 2014

12-13-14


Nellie and Sweetie...still going strong.

Hey...it's 12-13-14! That's kinda cool, eh?

I feel like life has been so busy lately...go, go, go all week long and when the weekend rolls around I'm toast. I went to bed at 9 last night! On a Friday! Party animal, right?

We were supposed to have "the storm of the decade" (or something like that) midweek. As it turns out, it rained. Just...rained. I mean, it rained a lot. But still, it just...rained. We were warned to batten down the hatches, prepare with extra food, water, candles...clean those gutters and rake those leaves. People panicked...kept their kids home from school...called in sick to work...closed schools. And in the end? It rained. Admittedly, some areas of California did get hit pretty hard...flooding and trees uprooting...but our area? Rain. That's it. For the record, we cleaned the gutters and battened down the hatches and made sure we had supplies in case the power went out. But we also went to work and we went to school and...we survived.

On a sad note, we lost one of our chickens a little over a week ago. I came home from work and went out to check on the girls and there was Betty, tucked into the corner of the coop, beak nestled in her wing, gone. It looked like she just went to sleep and didn't wake up. At least I'm hoping it was that peaceful. Of course, I cried. And then went in the house and told Ian...he helped me so much...it was hard to reach where she was tucked away so he crawled back and got her then dug a nice big hole in the garden, by flashlight, so she could have a proper burial. I wrapped her up and placed her in a brown bag then made a cross out of pecan twigs. I don't like that part of animal keeping. I'm not good at it.

On an exciting note, I became a doTERRA Wellness Advocate a few weeks ago.  I am SO excited I just had to say something now...but I'll share more details in a separate post soon. In the meantime, if you have any questions or would like to place an order, feel free to follow the link above to my web store.

We're going to get our tree this weekend...I'm actually looking forward to it which is strange as I'm kind of a Grinch at Christmas time. But I decided this year to be cheerful and to enjoy the holiday season...so that's what I'm doing. I gotta say, it's a lot better than being grouchy! So we'll get some lights up and decorate a little tree and set up the nativity scene and hang my favorite miniature wreaths on the kitchen hutch and I'll think to myself, "This IS kinda nice...Christmas isn't that bad."

What have you got going this weekend? Do you already have your tree? Whatever it is you choose to do, make it a great day while doing it!

xo

1 comment:

Angela said...

Sorry for the lost of your chicken. I also get attached to our pets, it's hard to see them die. Our Christmas tree was up a couple days after Thanksgiving. Now a days we only have grown kids (2) so I just decorate the living room and kitchen. With young kids we used to decorate everywhere. Christmas for us it's usually in Iowa at mother-law's house. I must say that I used to be a lot more cheerful at the Holidays but now ...hummm not so much. I try to be cheerful though. Merry Christmas to you!!