Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wednesday in the Word




You’re blessed when you stay on course,
    walking steadily on the road revealed by God.
You’re blessed when you follow his directions,
    doing your best to find him.
Psalm 119:1-2

I went to bible study last night. I love this group of women...what a crazy mix of ladies from all walks of life. We laugh, we cry, we share, we pray, (we eat!)...it's good. 

Last night we read Psalm 119 out loud, The Message version. Can I just tell you...it was powerful? Man...God's word never fails. Ever. 

I will tell you, Psalm 119 is long. Really long. And if you look at it, you might talk yourself out of reading it, like I've done on a few occasions. But now that I've read it, I'm so glad that I did. 

I want to encourage you to take a bit of time to read it, too. Make a cup of something nice to drink, quiet yourself and read it yourself. You will be blessed...I promise.


2 comments:

Sharon said...

I think a bible study is awesome...Looking forward to spending some time with Psalm 119. I'll take my time so I can really understand…thanks so much for sharing!
Sharon

Angela said...

Sounds like a great group. I am having a bible study with another minister's wife via facebook chat. :) A bible study witha group of ladies sounds like a great idea. Yes, that Psalm is wonderful!