Tuesday, November 26, 2013

thinking a lot, writing a little


Lego guys in the dishwasher...they've been there for
about five years now. I don't have the heart to take them out.
They make me smile.
I really wish I could be a consistent blogger...but I've come to the realization that I am not. And I think I finally figured out why. I think too much. About a lot of stuff. As we all do, right? But some people talk their stuff out...think their thoughts out loud...call a friend...whatever. And I do that, too...sometimes. But for the most part, when I have a lot on my mind, I get quiet.

But even still, life goes on around here...I'm tidying up, stocking the fridge and putting fresh sheets on Seth's bed in preparation for him to COME HOME TONIGHT. We are all SO excited to have him back home, under our roof, safe in his bed. (Well, maybe that "safe in his bed" part is just me...pretty sure that's a mom thing...) College is treating him well, he is loving every minute of it. But I'm pretty sure, even still, there's no place like home.


2 comments:

Katie said...

our girl just got home about an hour ago, and i feel the same way. always feel more complete when she's around. hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving!

Mavis said...

I LOVE the Lego Guys!!!