Saturday, September 14, 2013

it is what it is.



Life is crazy...I just spent the last 24 hours sick with (what is believed to be) a kidney stone. Today is better but not best...taking it easy and laying low.

In the meantime, we are preparing to take Seth to college on Monday...he moves in Tuesday...and then spends the next week getting to know the school, the routine and his roommates...I can't believe it's really happening. I feel like there's so much left to do...but maybe most of it is internal. And maybe most of it really only has to do with me and how this is all going to play out in my life...in my role as mom. The hardest part is all of the unknown...but it is what it is. May as well do my best to enjoy the ride.

So for today it's laundry (a nice slow, easy thing that I can do while feeling under the weather), drinking lots of fluids (to flush that sucker out), and eating soup and crackers. Not what I originally had planned for this weekend...but again...it is what it is.


1 comment:

Denise said...

Michelle....

You poor thing!! Oh my gosh, I wish I could be bringing soup and crackers and help you fold that laundry (but maybe not your hubbie and son's underwear cause that would just be weird).

Take this time to rest - do the necessary internal work...pray!

xoxo
denise