Wednesday, April 3, 2013

a quiet life.


for purchase

11 Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, 12 so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody. 

-1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

This scripture:
  • prompted me to take gardening more seriously
  • encouraged me to learn how to can and preserve food
  • encouraged me to learn to be more self-sufficient
  • gave me the courage to get backyard chickens
  • opened my eyes to realize how dependent we were becoming
  • encouraged me to simplify
  • reminded me that we are capable of doing a lot with a little

God's word is amazing. 
It is powerful. 
It gives life. 
It directs our steps and calms our fears. 

God's word is the manual for this thing we call life.




3 comments:

Wren said...

One of my favorites..
I am trying too..
xo

Denise said...

all so true

Amy said...

So good. I love that scripture, and I appreciate the inspiration it gave you. Inspires me to maybe get out there and start a garden:)