Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday flying by...


We were out of town yesterday.  Ian had a wrestling tournament so we all headed down to watch. Thought we might spend a night but decided to make the three (plus) hour drive back home late last night.

Then on the way home it was just Chris and Seth and I (Ian stayed with coach and teammates to wrestle again today)...I found a Round Table pizza on my phone map, clicked the link and called and placed an order. Then got lost trying to find the place. We finally found it and ate pizza while driving down the road. I don't know that we've ever eaten pizza on the road? We all agreed it was kinda fun!

And then because it was late and we all only got about 4 hours of sleep the night before we stopped for a coffee...you know, to keep the eyes open. It worked.

We got home close to 11. And I went to bed almost immediately...and slept in until nine 10 am. I think I may be the only one who is not happy about springing forward. (Anyone with me on this one?) I don't like it. I feel off...literally until we "fall back".

On a positive note...I have tomorrow off. It's a furlough day...and mandatory. So I will do lots of laundry, plan the week's meals, do a Flylady once over and do my bible study.

As for today? I think I will take "a day of rest".


Truly my soul finds rest in God;
 my salvation comes from him.

Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

Psalm 62:1-2




2 comments:

Denise said...

i'm jealous you have tomorrow off but I bet it is unpaid though right?

enjoy your rest today - you have earned it!

teekaroo said...

I'm with you on the time change. Springing forward just feels wrong, but honestly, I would stay with it if they would stop with the flip flopping altogether. Lets just keep it one way or the other!