Monday, October 8, 2012

This week's menu plan.


I have been making a weekly menu for the last 3 or 4 weeks or so and it is SO helpful! It's so nice to know that one of my daily responsibilities is already planned out and ready to go...no last minute rush to the store, no running to the drive-thru (unless we choose to!), no getting frustrated at my family as they look at me wondering, "What's for dinner?"

Nope. It's all right there...scribbled onto a scrap of paper and displayed on the fridge for all to see. I think it let's us all breathe a sigh of relief...me knowing it's planned and ready to go, them knowing they get to eat something other than cereal or quesadillas for dinner...again.

Here's this week's menu...planned based on what I have in the freezer and an experimental tomatillo salsa Ian wanted to make!

Sat: Super Burritos with homemade tomatillo salsa
Sun: BLT's and frozen fries
Mon: Fish tacos with homemade tomatillo salsa and cheesy beans
Tue: Crock Pot Chili and cornbread
Wed: Roasted chicken with potatoes and carrots
Thu: Ravioli, salad and garlic bread
Fri: Calzones and salad

I am a bit off with my days...but I will just post menus when I can. I like to think I could do this consistently each week...but in case you haven't noticed, my blogging lately has been sporadic at best. But I will do my best to share.

And feel free to share your menu plan, too...it's always nice to get new ideas from other busy moms!


2 comments:

Denise said...

sounds like a good week of eating to me!!

Wren said...

Right there with ya on the menu planning! Makes everything so much more simple! Looks like a good week...!