Monday, September 3, 2012

Can you say...lazy?


Man. I have been so stinkin' lazy this whole weekend. I took this 3-day weekend seriously! As did the rest of my family.

And you know what? It felt GOOD.

I got another job...already. I am now a secretary at a local charter high school.  I feel bad that I was at the Health Clerk job for such a short time...but when I took the job, unbeknownst to me, it was a substantial cut in pay. So when this secretary job came open I applied as it would get me back to what I was making before. A little bit more actually. (Just a little.)

I actually applied for three positions...and finally got the third one. Persistence...it pays off, I suppose.

So, I start tomorrow. I have to be in the office by 7:30am. That is ea-ear-ly for this lady of leisure. (Ha!) For so long now I haven't had to report to work until 9 or later. Now I'll be the first one leaving the house. Well, second. Seth is the first one to leave at 6:40...but that's by choice so he can get a good parking spot in the school lot.

It'll take a while to get used to my new morning routine. I've been able to get everyone else out the door...with lunches and smoothies and such...then get myself ready, just me and Good Morning America. Now I will get ready before everyone else.

Like I said, this will take some getting used to...I am not really a morning person. I don't hop out of bed ready to greet the day. I sort of ease into it...grumbling a bit along the way. I think the saving grace is that my job is part-time, which means I will be off at 11:15am. Not bad, eh? Still plenty of time to run errands and to get a few things done around the house before everyone else gets home.

But...we still have some time left to this long weekend. I will do more laundry (one of the few things I did do this weekend), do a little ironing, maybe bake some muffins to "grab n go" in the mornings, make a little dinner...and slowly gear up for the coming week.

It will be nice to settle into a job, finally. I feel like my job situation has been in such limbo for so long...having something permanent is going to be really nice. I am grateful...



2 comments:

Wren said...

Congrats on your new job! Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend. Ps- a little spinach in the smoothies adds a bit of green and you can't taste it. I always throw a little in :)

Have a great week!

Denise said...

yes, congrats! hope your week goes well :)