Saturday, July 21, 2012

where does the time go?



“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times.
But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is
what to do with the time that is given us.”

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

And now it's almost a week since I was last here, spilling my thoughts here at Give a Girl a Fig.

The trip to Donner Lake was very nice...girl time with my mom and my aunt. We cooked and ate and shopped and walked and hiked and laughed and talked and sang and danced and cried and rested and played and breathed in deep...and took it all in...and appreciated family...and time.

Time...it seems almost elusive to me lately. It just goes so fast each day...next thing I know tomorrow is almost here. The fact that the day is almost over and tomorrow is coming can sometimes be overwhelming. If you deal with anxiety, then you know what I am talking about. 

Reminding myself to live for today is a constant thing...fighting off anxiety is a constant thing. I thank God for the tools He has given me to fight the battle.

And even though it doesn't always feel like it, I am winning.


When I said, “My foot is slipping,
your love, O Lord, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul.

Psalm 94:18-19



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Absolutely. Sounds like you got a great space of relaxation time. Everyone needs that!

One day, one hour, one task at a time, it's hard to remember sometimes that's all we have to do.

That is one of my favorite quotes ever, btw :-)