Sunday, March 25, 2012

a slow weekend..


This has been a nice weekend so far...lots of rain and rest and time.

Friday night we cheered Seth on in a "Mr. GQ" contest at his school...it was really fun. And very entertaining. And...he won!

Yesterday, everyone got a nap. Ian hung out with a friend then he and I got a coffee and took a ride in the country to take rainy day photos. Chris got to watch his beloved Ohio State win the game. Seth went to a friend's birthday party. Brought home burgers for dinner.

It was a good Saturday in my book.

Today we will head to the coast. Yes, in the rain. There is a deli near Bodega Bay that we all love so we are going to take a drive and get some fish n chips for dinner. And maybe some chowder. Oh...and calamari. It'll be a nice way to celebrate winning contests and good report cards.

Yeah...a little family time goes a long way with everyone running a different direction most days.


5 Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him.
6 Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
7 My salvation and my honor depend on God[c];
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
8 Trust in him at all times, you people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.

Psalm 62:5-8

3 comments:

Denise said...

oh, your day sounds so nice.

Jennifer said...

hope you get a bit of sunny shine.

glad you had a lovely weekend.

good things for sure.

christina said...

this sounds like a lovely, lovely day.
xo