Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday, Monday...


It's a new week...a new day. Yes, I know it's not autumn. Yes, I know it's February. So why the photo of pumpkins? Because I have it...I like it...and it's the last time you'll see those pumpkins as they're gonna get roasted today. Finally! I'm pretty sure they're still good...one of them bit the dust so we tossed it. But the others have been waiting patiently to be turned into pureed pumpkin for soup and muffins and pies.

So...that's on the list of "to-do's" for today. That and washing bedding and taking a Quiz and some other school related things. I'm also going to finish This Life Is In Your Hands (yes...I went on ahead and kept reading it...still not sure how I feel about it, but it's intriguing enough to keep me reading.) Then I'll start reading Little House in the Big Woods and then The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I am going to choose one or the other for my Children's Lit. final project...a unit study based on a children's book. I'm actually looking forward to this project...I love creating lesson plans and unit studies.

Dinner is already planned for tonight...pork taquitos with guacamole. I made about 18 pounds of guacamole yesterday to eat while watching the Super Bowl. (Avocados were on sale...I went a little crazy.) Ended up freezing some and then we'll have some with dinner tonight. It was a good game, though, huh? Close all the way through...makes for good football watching. I've gotta admit, football isn't my favorite sport to watch. But it was a good game.

And I'm sorry...but why is everyone going on and on about how great Madonna was? Hello? Were they watching the same half-time show that I was? The show itself was fine...but Madonna's part? No. I was embarrassed for her. That thing where the LMFAO singer spun her around by her foot? What the heck was that? It looked like a SNL skit!

Anyway...enough about that.

Hey, do you like quilts? Do you like old quilts? I do. And these are amazing. This is the kind of quilt I want to make someday.

Welp...I've talked your ear off enough about pretty much nothing. So on that note...I'm off to begin my day.

Thinking of you...praying all is well in your neck of the woods.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved the Long Winter. I read it about 3 times as a child because I wanted to be Laura in the worst way.
And the halftime, looks like you and I were watching the same performance. I felt like I was watching most of it in slow motion and wanted them to speed up the tempo. But let's face it, Madonna's yoga has paid off. Maybe I should go turn on one of my yoga cds. Oh, that means I have to take them out of their wrapping...
Love your posts.
Kym