Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wednesday in the Word

go take a look...
“As long as the earth endures,
seed time and harvest,
cold and heat,
summer and winter,
day and night
will never cease.”

Genesis 8:22

It's Wednesday...and it's winter...well, actually tomorrow is the first official day of winter. But according to my frozen windshield and icy temps, I'm alright with claiming it a day early.

So...the other day I talked a little bit about anxiety. I didn't get a lot of feedback...I'm wondering if it makes others uncomfortable talking about it. Or...maybe nobody can relate. Or...maybe nobody visits me here anymore. I don't know...but what I DO know, is that as soon as I did what I was supposed to do...the anxiety subsided. Just.like.that.

What was I supposed to do, you ask? I was supposed to take this new job offer and let go of the old job that was temporary to begin with...it was never mine from the start. I was clinging to something that I was supposed to be letting go of...and it took me a few days to "get it".

If I really look at this whole job situation I can see that God has got it totally under control. He is placing opportunities in front of me and if I would just trust Him and follow His lead, this whole journey I'm on would be a lot more smooth.

For instance, I was blessed to be given a long-term sub position. It lasted 3 months. And in the life of the school district sub, this isn't all that common. Then...just as this sub job is ending, I am given an opportunity for another long-term position as a teacher's aide at the high school across town. I start on January 9th when we return from vacation and the job will last through mid March. On top of being given another long-term opportunity, this particular job makes me eligible to apply for other jobs within the district. Other permanent jobs. Other jobs that could possibly provide benefits. Oh...and did I mention that it's for 2 hours each afternoon and that the hours are perfect for my class schedule? Yeah...I know.

Isn't it so funny how we go about spinning in circles...fretting and worrying...clinging to things that aren't really ours...all the while making ourselves sick? When if we would just listen to God...trust that He is placing each stepping stone in the exact place that we need it...our walk through life truly would be a smooth one. Not easy. But smooth.

Of course...there is always work to be done on our part. Like...working up the courage to place our foot on that next stone. Especially when that next stone is set out a little further than the others. But that's where trust comes in...and faith. Believing that God always does know best. And that His plan will always work.


6 comments:

Lisa Gallup said...

I LOVE your last two paragraphs! I printed them out so I can put them in my journal. Such good thoughts...xoxo

Michelle said...

Forgive my quiet on your last post. I'm up to my earlobes in holiday prepartations and events.

I'm glad that you're heading into a better place. :::hug:::

Anonymous said...

(ditto what Michelle said)

This is an amazing testimony!! Something I needed to read this morning for sure. There is that verse in Isaiah that this reminds me of -

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Isaiah 30:21

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

Thanks for posting my pic! :)

Unknown said...

"...not even a sparrow shall fall to the ground unnoticed..." God is in the details. I have to remind myself of this at least 4 times a day.
Loved this post.

♥ my diary♥ said...

Nice post...thanks for sharing..happy holidays...soraya