Thursday, December 30, 2010

I went for a drive on Sunday afternoon...

 It was cold and rainy on Sunday...but I was really wanting to take my camera out and snap some photos. It'd been too long...my camera bag was dusty...I couldn't find my cable to upload photos...all signs that it had been far too long since I'd taken pictures just for the heck of it.

I loaded up my camera bag...grabbed my Starbuck's gift card...and hit the road. That's me over there to the right...at the Starbuck's drive-thru. Can you see me? Waiting ever so patiently for that non-fat latte? Oh yeah...and extra hot. It was delicious...the perfect accompaniment to my rainy day drive in the country. An Artist's Date if you will...

Coffee in hand, wipers going and radio on, I headed down the road. I drove out to a popular hiking spot just outside of town...but the inspiration just wasn't there. I wandered around and took a few shots...but ended up back in the car in search of something...else.

I decided to drive to one of my favorite country roads in my area. It's only a couple miles outside of town but it seems much further away. It's a bit steep...and quite narrow in several spots. And maybe a teensy bit dangerous to drive alone...on a rainy and slippery day. (Or any day, really) But...I have 4WD...and I called Chris to let him know where he could find me should I not be home in a reasonable amount of time. Just in case...


The views are incredible. Sitting here in my tiny little corner of the world I forget sometimes that there's a great big beautiful world around me. 


I'm a sucker for tree tunnels.


I was gone for a little over an hour. And took almost a hundred photos. Gotta love digital, eh?  I kept a few...and deleted quite a few more. And decided I needed to work on my exposure.

I also decided that an Artist's Date is in order a little more often...

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist,
and the less the artist does the better. ~André Gide

6 comments:

You Can Call Me Jane said...

I love tree tunnels, too! I'm so glad you got out and about by yourself to do something you love:-).

Kelly Cook said...

Thanks for sharing. I've been hoping to see more photos from you and here they are!

Magnolia Handspun said...

A little piece of heaven.
The coffe and the view.

Michelle you live in a beautiful area- and the tree tunnels...swoon.

Unknown said...

That's a wonderful quote, Michelle! And the scenery is awesome! We had snow and ice all night long and it was precarious driving to town today, but beautiful none the less.

I didn't know you could get your latte extra hot at Starbucks!!! Wish I had known sooner!

Wren said...

Happy New Year to you! Looks like a lovely afternoon. Today is the first day we have hit above freezing in about 21 days. Can't wait to get outside! Cooffeeee...perfect accessory for the afternoon drive. I am craving green...sigh..

Megan said...

Your photos make me want to go for a run.... my dad and I used to park out at the volunteer fire station out ther and run OVER THE HILL, and all the way to the end of the road... where it hit's Plesants Valley, then turn around and run back.... I'd know those tree tunnels any where. :)
miss you. xo