Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday in the Word

Psalm 68:3

3 But may the righteous be glad
and rejoice before God;
may they be happy and joyful.

~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

Happiness is...

fresh tomatoes
good kids
a purring kitten
a ceiling fan
organic peanut butter
good eggs
 sun tea
the smell of fresh laundry
my Dr Pepper t-shirt
cut-offs
hummingbirds at the feeder
clean sheets
coffee
silly text messages
a new camera!
plenty
family
friends
abundance
quiet
contentment

Today I am feeling happy. It started while I was watering the garden this morning. Not that I was UN happy before that. I don't think I was necessarily anything...just sort of beginning another day, like any other day, without really paying attention. But when I was in the garden...I looked around and thought, "You know...life is good." I was watering the plants...with plenty of water. I was gathering fresh, organic vegetables...that I grew my self. I had just fed the chickens and they were contentedly clucking away while enjoying their treat of yogurt. At that moment...all was well. The animals were content...the plants were quenched...the air was warm...and I..felt good. Content. Therefore I will rejoice before God. I will be happy...and joyful.

Thank you God for this day...and for all you've blessed me with. Amen.

4 comments:

Conny said...

I love your list of what happiness is today. God must be smiling. :>)

Thanks again for continuing "Wednesday in the Word." ~ Conny

Magnolia Handspun said...

Your happiness is contagious Michelle.
And I am happy for you- beautiful list and so many lovely things to be happy for.
ehem...did I see camera?
I miss your pictures.
xo
camilla

Anonymous said...

i so get this. been there many days myself.

Mari said...

Awesome...we all have much to be happy about if we but take the time to do what you did...notice them.

love it. thanks.
xoxo