Thursday, July 15, 2010

a lot can happen in a week.

I haven't been here since last Thursday! How does that happen? I'll tell you how...kids returning home from camp, road trips to potential retreat grounds (yes, it's "the one"), work, work, work, homework assignments and late assignments and assignments just completely forgotten about! Oh...and chickens and kittens and vacuums and dust rags and laundry...oh, the laundry...still not done with camp stuff!

The boys made it home from camp safe and sound...and had a BLAST! It was so fun to hear all about it...the speakers, the new friends, the cabin pranks, the girls...I wish I could have gone! But I'm sure it would NOT have been as much fun. They said they didn't miss us..at all. And...they didn't want to come home. And...while I tried to have hurt feelings about that, instead I decided to take that as a good sign that we are raising them to be confident, adventurous, self-sufficient young men. (Hey...it works for me...) Either way...they're already counting the days until they go back next summer! Love that...

As for me personally...life is the same. Busy. School is proving to be a LOT. But it's good. And somehow...I am keeping up with only one or two assignments missed. Luckily, I've been good about turning in assignments and getting good scores...so the instructor had pity on me and let me turn in a forgotten assignment VERY late. That was so nice of her...

I missed Wednesday in the Word yesterday...I thought it was Tuesday for a good part of the day! Even marked Tuesdays date on all my paperwork at work...oops! But...I will tell you the verse God gave me yesterday, anyway...

Jeremiah 29:11-14

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. [b] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

The bottom line? God knows. He KNOWS. He knows my situation. He knows my concerns. He knows my worries. He knows my frustrations. He knows my struggles. He knows me better than I know my self. He knows what I can and can't handle and He won't give me any more than that. So if He has faith that I can persevere...who am I to think otherwise?

With that in mind, I will continue to plug away each day...one day at a time. I will pray...and I will seek. And when I do, He will find me...

5 comments:

Kelly said...

It must be a tricky week, cause we "missed" Tuesday. Sounds like you are doing a great job juggling!

Nancy said...

sounds like you'e humming right along. so glad the boys had a great time at camp. of course, i'm glad they're home with their mama now too.

Mari said...

Thanks for sharing that verse...I love it.

And, as far as being missed, you were. But as far as not having time, I'm with ya there. We'll get back into is soon enough.

Hugs all around to you girlfriend!

xoxo

Knittymama said...

Funny how whatever verse you post it always seems to speak directly to something I'm going through. Thanks!

Wren said...

Thinking of you! Wishing you a most wonderful summer..
xo