Friday, June 18, 2010

Sought After...

Isaiah 62:11-12

11 The LORD has made proclamation
to the ends of the earth:
"Say to the Daughter of Zion,
'See, your Savior comes!
See, his reward is with him,
and his recompense accompanies him.' "

12 They will be called the Holy People,
the Redeemed of the LORD;
and you will be called Sought After,
the City No Longer Deserted.

I got up in the quiet this morning. I opened the doors to the cool air and poured myself a cup of coffee. I sat down in my comfortable chair and opened up my bible. My sweet friend, Tina, reminded me yesterday of Isaiah 61...a verse that is dated and highlighted and dated again over the course of several years. Obviously God wants me to know it...and to believe it. And I do. But I think I needed a reminder.

After I read Isaiah 61 for the umpteenth time I moved on to Isaiah 62. And I read it once over. Then I read it again, more carefully. Then...as I got to the end for the second time these words really spoke to me. "...you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted."

To me, on this day, in this season, during this time of distance and loneliness, the words "Sought After" and "No Longer Deserted" whispered such hope to my soul. These are the words of the Lord...and they are telling me that He loves me, and wants me, and is WITH me...always. No matter how I may feel the TRUTH of the matter is that God is always with me. He never leaves me. He never forgets about me. Ever.

Trust Him in the quiet...have faith in Him even when it is dark...

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

This truth is one that I needed to hear today! I so struggle with the thought that He pursues me. Thank you for reminding me!

Mari said...

Thanks for that...I needed to hear that tonight!
Hope we can recall this even when things go dark again..God never leaves us or forsakes us.
((hugs))

Sheryl said...

just tears as you write my heart yet again!!!

Unknown said...

YES!! Precious truths! We must cling to truth - it will set us free!

Hope your weekend was blessed!

Silver Strands said...

Sweet words of hope, indeed!
oxox
Denalee