Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday in the Word

Psalm 22:22
I will declare your name to my brothers;
in the congregation I will praise you.

As we say at my church, "God is good, all the time." And I will praise Him...all the time. I will praise Him in the good times..and in the bad. I will praise Him in times of feasting...and in times of famine. I will praise Him...even when I can't find my voice. I will praise Him, because He is good...and good to me. He has my best interest at heart. His ways are perfect...and when I follow them, follow His will for me, my ways are perfected. Not perfect. This will never be anything I could understand as long as I am here on this earth. But walking with God means that as I go, I am being "perfected". Made in His image. Becoming more and more Christ-like as I walk beside Him...listen to His still small voice...answer to His call. And when I have the opportunity, I WILL declare your name...and I WILL praise You. For you are GOOD, and Your love endures FOREVER.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle, I know you like my pie picture, but it doesn't speak to me nearly as much as this bowl of persimmons! I could look at it all day long!!!

I'm meditating on Psalm 84 this week. God IS good indeed!

Anonymous said...

God is good. All the time.

Bring it Sister.

Nancy said...

"God is good, all the time." Love that. And I need to remember it...all the time.

Thomas said...

Hi Michelle, thank you for visiting my blog. I absolutely love persimmons. You're lucky to live in an area of the country where they flourish. I live in Zone 6, which I think is slightly beyond their hardiness zone. I will have to do a bit of more research.

I've never had them with lime and honey before...will have to give it a go!

WhiteStone said...

Amen, Amen!

sarah said...

God is good all the time.. all the time God is good.. another Amen to that. Thank you for putting this out today woops!(yesterday)

sarah said...

Michelle.. are those your persimmons? Wow.
Wow.

Elaine said...

Amen