Saturday, October 31, 2009

on a stack of bibles...

...oh, and a cobweb. Yeah...I need to dust more and blog less.
Or...maybe not!
Today is Halloween...and we're not even really into it this year. No pumpkins. No costumes. No nothing. The kids didn't want to dress up. So at the last minute we decided to go to the youth party at church tonight. Kinda weird...but fine. The boys are getting older...so Trick or Treating is done and gone, I think. And that's fine, too. It was fun while it lasted...
I work from 2-6 today. Smack in the middle of the day. And then just enough time to come hom, change clothes, grab a bite to eat and GO. We're picking up my nephew on the way...he lives around the corner from our church.
This morning we got up and decided to go on a litle walk/hike to a local park, Pena Adobe. It's beautiful, really. There are trails all over...and a paved path...a dog park...a pond...a Japanes garden...all right in our own backyard. And we hardly ever go! But the other day Chris and I were talking about trying to get into some kind of shape. And we agreed that walking and hiking in Pena Adobe with an occasional day hike to a local destination would be something we could both enjoy and do together. Neither of us like the gym. He likes to bike. But it's not my favorite. I walk...and would like to run someday. But he doesn't want to do that. So...hiking it is! We are going to try and go early in the morning. And then on the weekends take the boys. Or, if they want to get up real early, they can go during the week, too. We also took Big Dummy, Reggie, our dog. He was in heaven.

Then. On the way home. We stopped and got donuts. Hey! It's a start!

And a to-do list for tomorrow:

  • plant winter greens: kale and chard
  • plant onions and garlic
  • make strawberry jam before the strawberry patch closes for the season
  • buy pumpkins, today...now as a matter of fact!

Gotta go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

a hike followed by donuts? I can see we have some work to do!

you are right though, it's a start!!

Wren said...

My kind of hike! Have one for me : ))

Kelly said...

I love your little cobby web, makes me feel at home, as I too should blog less and dust more often. And you made me laugh.

Nancy said...

Sounds like a good day. The donuts sound awfully tempting.