Monday, June 23, 2008

The road to you-know-where is paved with good intentions.

I have so many plans and ideas and desires and things I want to do and need to do and plan to do...but inevitably, life takes over and before I know it my day is gone.
I have lots to write about here. I still want to do My Nightstand. I have pictures of my very own homemade jam that I want to share. And pretty soon, I will have before and after pictures of my newly updated kitchen! I won't say remodeled as I am not going to change my cabinetry. They were spruced up a few years ago and are still cute. I am, however, replacing floors and countertops and I can NOT wait! My husband and I purchased beautiful new granite (what a bargain that was!) and some nice, neutral coordinating tile for the floor. I think it's going to be gorgeous. My husband is also going to build me (it's already half done actually!) a large pantry/hutch for one wall in my tiny kitchen. Right now I have a hutch there...a hand-me-down from my aunt years ago...and while it's cute and provides some storage...it's not all that practical. The unit my husband is going to build is way more utilitarian and way more cute! I'll definitely share before and after pictures. I'm hoping this will all take place in the next few weeks...we'll see. My husband is a cabinet maker by trade...we own our own business...so customers come first. I'm like the cobbler's child...the last to get shoes! Good thing I don't mind going barefoot!

No comments: