Friday, August 29, 2014

slowly getting my mojo back...




I cooked dinner twice this week. Barbecued chicken and fried rice on Monday and BLT's with broccoli salad Wednesday. Tuesday we had leftovers. Last night? Tostadas. It's not gourmet. But it's better than nothing.

I think I am finally adjusting to my work schedule. Just like my friend said it would, it took about three weeks to adjust. I am less tired when I get home and more motivated to put some food on the table. Not to mention, the weather isn't sweltering hot lately...which makes cooking more fathomable.

We've got a three day weekend coming up...that'll be nice. Maybe I can really get motivated and make a menu plan, and prep some meals for the coming week.


2 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Do you own a crock pot? I find having a crock pot filled and cooking away is a big help even when I am home all day.

Have a great weekend.

Denise said...

that is my plan for the weekend too!
and, it is finally not so hot here as well. praise the Lord!