Thursday, August 21, 2014

friendship.


coffee with my friend.

I am blessed with some really great friendships. Old friends. New friends. Friends that are also family.

I have friends that I speak to almost daily. And friends that I can see once every two years and it seems as if we've spoken daily as we don't miss a beat.

I have friends that have known me since I first discovered shimmery light blue eyeliner. And friends that can't imagine I ever would have chosen to wear it! (Hey. I was 14. What do you expect? Besides, it was a good compliment to my Bonne Bell lip smacker.)

I have friends that "knew me when". And friends whose jaws drop hearing stories about "when". (And a few of them even overlap.)

I have friends that I met at school, church, work, through a friend and through the internet.

I have friends that I can be myself with...completely. And there is no judgment. Maybe a few winces or weird looks now and then. But no judgment. And I am grateful for that.

I count my blessings daily when I think about the people that I am surrounded by. I count my blessings that at any given time I can call on any of them and I know that they will be there for me. And I, them. In a heartbeat.

Friendship takes work...and time...and the willingness to be vulnerable, and real.

I am grateful for all the wonderful people in my life that I call friend...without them I'd be lost.


1 comment:

fjord girl said...

You are blessed- they are blessed to have you as a friend. In Russia they have saying...If you can count as many friends as you have fingers on one hand you are rich
I believe that with all my heart.