Saturday, August 9, 2014

gratitude journal {day six}



I was challenged by a friend on Facebook to keep a 7-day gratitude journal...list 3 things a day that I am grateful for. I decided to do it here on the blog.... 

  • weekends...now that I'm working full-time I have a greater appreciation for the almighty weekend, especially Saturday mornings....slow, quiet, easy. I feel like I can finally exhale.
  • my extended family, whether by blood, or by heart...you know who you are...I have an amazing family, I am surrounded by loving, funny, caring, smart, generous, friendly, selfless, witty, talented, adventurous, wise, fun people. And for that I am very grateful.
  • friends...I have really good friends. True friends that I can call on anytime...whether I just want to hang with them for a quick cup of coffee, or if I need to cry on their shoulder or them on mine, or if I need prayer. I can make a phone call and know that I am not alone. Old friends, new friends, forever friends...I've got them and I love them. What a blessing.
I'm enjoying these gratitude journals....I may just keep this up. xo


3 comments:

Angela said...

Beautiful thankful words!! Have a great weekend!

fjord girl said...

Reading this makes "me" happy" and feel grateful too Michelle- it's wonderful when our lives are simple but so full.
Enjoy your well deserved weekend:)

Denise said...

i've really enjoyed reading your three things. Totally agree about the weekend thing - they are so short though right!