Tuesday, February 18, 2014

ramblings on a day off.



I'm off this week...it sure is nice not having to rush through the morning, rush to work, rush at lunch, rush, rush all day. I'm not a natural rusher. I definitely think I'll enjoy retirement...someday.

Yesterday I woke slowly...sipped my coffee, watched Joyce Meyer and Kelly and Michael...my simple pleasures while I'm off. I also did lots of laundry (what else is new? For crying out loud...). Speaking of which, my laundry "area" is in our garage. And it is ug-ly. So this week I'm gonna do a few things to tidy it up a bit. It won't be Pinterest worthy by any means, but it will be tidier. I already got rid of our broken down, jankety laundry sorter that I've had for years, and that at one time was very helpful. But over time it broke and ripped and fell apart, and I kept piecing it back together, and hating it more and more and then finally, finally, the other day, I had had enough. I emptied it, broke it down and asked my hubby to toss it for good. And he did.

So, now I will have to figure something else out to keep it tidy in that area...like, oh...I don't know, just DOING the laundry rather than sorting it and letting it sit for seasons at a time? Novel idea, eh? Some things are just so simple, aren't they? Why do I complicate things? Just do the damn laundry!

So anyway, I made a list of things I'd like to do during my week off...a few are necessary, and a few are fun.

One of the things that needs to be done this week is our room. It always feels like such a disaster. Never the restful haven that all the magazines say it should be. Not.even.close. I did recently get new sheets and got rid of an ugly coverlet I lived with and hated for too long. So that helped. But there's still the fact that there is too much stuff in a too small room. I think it's time for another major purge. I know for a fact there are at least 5 tops in my closet that I have not worn in well over a year (or 5)...so, buh-bye. Time to make some space...and then NOT refill it.

Well, I guess I better get going if I want to complete my list...I'm already off to a late start today, I haven't even showered yet!


No comments: