Thursday, January 5, 2012

so much on my mind..


My thoughts are scattered. (Yes, again.) So since I can't form a complete sentence we'll just go with bullet-points today. Sound good?
  • I'm enjoying this time off. It's been really nice. And I have no idea how I'm going to get back in the swing of getting up early. This is gonna be interesting...
  • My boys asked me to make meals higher in protein and lower in calories. Ian needs to make weight for wrestling and Seth is working on getting in better shape. I agreed. It won't hurt me to miss a carb, that's for sure.
  • On that note...I need meal ideas: lots of veggies, lots of protein, low or no carbs. All I can think of is chicken...and that's gonna get real old real fast.
  • I start my new job on Monday. Chris asked if I was nervous...I said no. I'm not. I'm ready. And capable. It'll be an interesting next chapter.
  • I started one of my online classes yesterday...Eng450, Children's Literature. I'm really excited about this class...I think it's going to be a good one.
  • I ordered my books late. I hope they come soon as my first assignments require reading!
  • I took my mom and the boys to visit my aunt and uncle at their cabin at Donner Lake on Monday and Tuesday. We had a nice time. Getting out of town is always so refreshing.
  • My community college classes begin on the 18th...I'm gearing up for them. One is Human Development and I'll be taking that one online. And then Printmaking at the college on Mondays and Wednesdays. I'm so excited for Printmaking.
  • I'm resisting the temptation to take even more classes to just get this whole college thing over and done with by the end of summer. But I know it will be too much. (I'm already pushing it at times.) Had I not accepted a job and could just focus on school full-time, every day, all day...then I would. But...I did accept the job. So...I need to be realistic.
  • All vacation long I have wanted to do something creative. A lino cut to be exact. I was going to make our Christmas card. Then it turned into a New Year's card. Now I don't know what it's going to be! I have a few days left to actually make something...I just need to DO IT.
  • The winter garden is coming right along...I can't wait to actually eat something from it!
  • The chickens haven't laid an egg in weeks. Free-loaders.
  • Seth got his driver's license. Can you say bittersweet?
  • I'm having a really hard time lately with this whole cycle of life thing...birth and death and growth. Ever since Papa went to heaven I've been having a hard time with...life. And the fact that my parent's will age. And that my kids will grow up...and move away. And that I will age. And that the cycle of life continues...no matter how we feel about it.
  • On a positive note...2012 is full of possibility. And I'm looking forward to what lies ahead...
This scripture comes to mind...Philippians 3:12-14

12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press
on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Have a great day...it's sunny and cold here...perfect.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

your list is like a LOT of stuff to process!! I am hearing you on the second to last point - we are having a family meeting this weekend to discuss somethings regarding my mom and dads requests as they age and ...(gasp) pass away.

anyways - it is 41 and sunny skies here today too!!

teekaroo said...

I've sent Valentine cards with our family newsletter before, but I just didn't have the desire to send anything out this year.

Wren said...

I never sent my Christmas cards. I want to come to printmaking with you.. Your doing a great job! Wishing you all the best as you hit 2012 running..!

Unknown said...

loved.every.bullet.point. The cycle of life one is a hard one to swallow for me as well. Even though I understand Gods plan, it's still difficult to grasp that we continue moving through this cycle.
Oh, and there is a pasta called "Dreamfields" that is a lower carb. It is carried in most of our grocery stores here in UT. You might want to see if it is at your local grocer in CA.
Love your thoughts. They are all quite lovely and normal. ;) It's fun being human. Isn't it?

Unknown said...

Oh, and I love your Michelle Maule art. So cute.
Jealous you are taking a typesetting class. Sounds so fun.