Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday in the Word.


Psalm 63:1-3
1 O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
For the last few weeks God has really been talking to me about trust. It's been good. And we're not done by any means. But I noticed last week that He added something to the mix: seek. As I read through the scriptures the word seek continued to leap off the page at me. So not only am I learning to trust God more and more...I'm doing this by seeking Him. By taking time each morning to get quiet and pray...talk to God about the day, and listen, too. I seek Him when I read His Word...when I read the scriptures and let them penetrate my heart and my mind. I seek the Lord when I put Him first.
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

4 comments:

Elaine said...

What a beautiful image to go with those beautiful words.

Anonymous said...

so true Michelle. The more you seek - the more He will speak.

Nancy said...

Seek and ye shall find. So true.

Absolutely love that image. Babies. Aren't they the sweetest?

Wren said...

So nice Michelle. Love those sweet perfect little feet too.