Tuesday, December 31, 2013

the last day of the year.



Can you believe another year has come and gone? I know. Me neither. I was so ready for a change last year and welcomed 2013 with anticipation and high hopes. And it didn't let me down...there was a lot of change and good things happened.

But if I'm honest, overall, it still felt like a struggle at times. But I'm thinking that's just life, ya know? Life isn't easy.

As for 2014? I'm kind of indifferent about it. I'm glad it's here. I'm glad God saw fit to keep me here on this earth to love my family for another year. But I'm not so done with 2013 that I am chomping at the bit for a New Year.

I am thinking this is a good thing. Because there have been some years where I couldn't say arrivederci fast enough. And don't let the door hit you in the youknowwhat on your way out. But this year I feel like 2013 is just going to sort of ease into 2014 and I am going to ease in right along with it.

I don't make resolutions. For whatever reason, a resolution seems like a good way to set myself up for failure. Rather, I've been setting goals the last few years. A goal seems to work better for me. It seems more positive than a resolution. Have I met every one of my goals? No. But I have met many of them. And that is progress.

Tomorrow, 2013 will be a memory. And we'll be starting 2014, fresh, like a blank page in a brand new journal. Don't you just love that thought? (Is it weird that the thought of a fresh new journal, blank and open to possibilities is as wonderful a thought as it is to me? What a nerd.)

I just had a thought...how about we throw caution to the wind and make one tiny little resolution together. Just one. Let's resolve to make 2014 a good year, no matter what.

Ya know, I think this is one resolution I can actually keep.

How about you? Resolutions? Or goals? 
Ready for 2013 to be outta here? Or indifferent, like me? 

I pray you have a happy and safe New Year.
I pray that whatever held you back last year will be nothing but a distant memory and you are able to start fresh tomorrow...open that metaphorical blank journal and start the story over. It's never too late to start over, ya know. Never. Especially if you have God in your life and Jesus as your Savior. Do you? If you do, then you know what I'm talking about. If you don't know Jesus as your Savior, then I pray you think about it, consider giving Him a chance. He hasn't let me down, not once. Not ever. He won't let you down, either.

Happy New Year. 
xo

1 comment:

Denise said...

happy new year to you Michelle - I'm thinking it is going to be a good one for you. Yes, it is a new story so time to put the old one on the shelf!

xoxo-
denise