Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday in the Word



Come and listen, all you who fear God;
let me tell you what he has done for me.

Psalm 66:16


Let me tell you what God has done for me.

He called to me in 2001. And I answered. He invited me to walk with Him. I invited Him into my heart. I haven't been the same since.

He delivered me from the habit of smoking. I started smoking cigarettes at a young age. And I smoked for many, many years. I never thought I would quit. I never thought I could quit. I was hooked. Then one night at a women's retreat God took my habit from me...literally removing it from my body. It was a miracle...a true miracle. I had never experienced anything like it.

He has walked me through the darkness of depression and into His light without medication. He has been my antidepressant. And still is. I recommend His prescription any day. (More on this soon...)

He has walked me through the fear and dread of anxiety. We continue to walk this walk together every single day. Overcoming something that has plagued you...quite possibly since you were a little girl...takes time.

God is good. And He wants to do good things for you, too. xo



1 comment:

Denise said...

good stuff Michelle - it is awesome hearing about His work in your life.