Thursday, October 13, 2011

no rhyme or reason.

  • my homemade pickles came out pretty good this time...finally. maybe a tad much salt...but now I know for next year.
  • writing poetry is fun...who knew?
  • sausage and tortellini soup for dinner with cheesy bread...hope the fam likes it!
  • phone calls from friends..
  • friends becoming grandparents...so weird!
  • I'm (unbelievably) on task with my school work...feels good.
  • not using my camera enough...I miss it.
  • I've been sleeping so much better lately...being busy with school and work is a good thing.
  • the summer garden is coming to a close...just harvested a few tomatoes this morning and I think that's about it.
  • thinking about planting some winter stuff but feeling kind of overwhelmed about it...not a lot of time, not a lot of experience...but really need to go for it, anyway. I'll be sad in the winter if I don't...I know this from experience (last year).
What's tumbling through your mind today? Are your thoughts as disjointed as mine?!

5 comments:

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

As long as you have a cold frame, you should be able to do winter gardening. I would plant some cabbages-they are good in soup, for cabbage rolls and cabbage buns, fresh coleslaw. You can get alot of mileage out of them. Your library should have some books about winter gardens. I am sure you can find a good list of things to plant.

Not much on my mind today-just finishing up some projects and cleaning my studio. Going to bake some cookies for my sweetie shortly. Good to hear from you. I miss you!

Shannon said...

Your pickles look amazing! Great job.

I am glad that I am not the only one with random thoughts "buzzing" about. I actually wrote a post about that very thing today :-)

Have fun planning your Winter garden!

Elyse said...

Yummmy, pickles! What else did you preserve this year? Congrats on doing well in school and being so balanced :) I am happy for you!! Your blog, as always, brings me peace and inspiration. Thanks for being so faithful to it :)

Love,
Elyse

Elyse said...

OOps, commented from my makeup blog.. hehe

Come over to this one and check out the fall collage I made, thanks to you. I saw your flickr collage and loved it!!!

nancy said...

hello friend, seems like ages since we've 'talked.' good job on the pickles! and that sausage/tortellini soup and cheese bread sound delish.
take care & enjoy the weekend.