Thursday, September 17, 2009

Of ALL the places...

She had to choose this flower pot.

Look at that mess! My poor, poor plants. Is this necessary? Seriously. Do you know how much DIRT we have in our yard? Let's just say, it's not landscaped. Nor has it ever been. It's ALL DIRT. She could "bathe" anywhere...anywhere. But she chose this pot. This little pot that once housed a pretty ivy geranium.

Can you say "indignant"?

"What? What did I do?"

It is a GOOD thing she had this waiting for me...or...or...


Well, no need to get ugly.

9 comments:

Elaine said...

Smart chicks know that an egg is an excellent offering and can cover a multitude of indiscretions.

Especially a brown egg.

Anonymous said...

u.g.h.

i can so relate

Unknown said...

I finally gave up and stopped letting my chickens run free range. It wasn't just the plants that they were ruining, or the mess on my patio, or the poop on my lawn chairs. No, none of that. (Okay, truthfully, it was a lot of that - I was getting miffed). But, the predators were getting too brazen. Once in a GREAT while, I'll let them run in the yard when I'm out there with them. I know, it's sad that they can't be so free anymore. I loved to see them strutting around and pecking. But it had to be done. (Sigh....)

Kelly said...

Oh I just knew it was a chicken story when I saw the title over at my blog. :)

You need a chicken whisperer to teach those girls some dirt etiquette!!

A Friend Across the Miles said...

Ha! Exactly why I don't have flower beds anymore...

Nancy said...

That girl doesn't seem to care about your ivy geranium. She has a mind of her own.

Wren said...

Oh my gosh - ! She has such pretty coloring. I must say the pot is a perfect fit! Silly little girl. Sorry about your flowers...

Molly said...

it's a good thing they make up for their messes with little oval treasures, isn't it?

Michelle said...

I'm glad she left you an egg. Too bad she can't make you an omelette with it. :D