Wednesday, December 31, 2014

on this last day of 2014...



I don't make resolutions. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I feel like they are a set up for failure. I'm not going to join a gym tomorrow, I'm not going to start a diet tomorrow, I'm not going to give anything up tomorrow.

I am, however, going to choose a word for the year. (I'm still thinking on it...) I've done this for the past few years and it's been good...a good reminder to do something intentionally and a good reminder to continually try to improve myself...whether it's January 1st or any other day of the year.  Rather than resolve to quit something I'd rather work toward something...

For the past several years I couldn't wait to ring in the New Year, I was ready for the new start that January 1st always promises because I was SO done with the prior year. But this year I'm not feeling that way...I mean, I'm fine that the New Year is here, but I'm not looking forward to it in as desperate of a way...if that makes sense. I guess I don't feel like things need to change so drastically as I've wanted them to in past years...my feeling is that if we keep on this upward trend we'll be doing good. Our jobs are good, our health is good, our roof doesn't leak, our heater works, our cars run, we've got food (and plenty of it!) in the freezer...life is good. I can't complain, ya know?

So here's to a safe and healthy and prosperous New Year...see you next year!

xo


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year. I chose my word for the year. Actually I chose last year's word for a repeat, authenticity.