Do you ever just get so overcome with gratitude? Just...for everything? I do. Sometimes moved to tears thinking of all of the good, good things in my life...
- my hard-working husband who loves me...good, bad and ugly...thick and thin...steady and even-tempered...and that look, that only he can give...it tells me that I am loved.
- a first-born...confident, creative, talented, driven, focused...on his way to living a good life. I miss him...so much my heart aches.
- my baby...who is not a baby at all, but a young man...a strong, capable, smart, determined, sure, dependable young man. I'm grateful for the few years I still have to enjoy him here...home with me.
- family...how I love my family...immediate and extended...I am literally surrounded by amazing, loving, giving, authentic family...my parent's, my brother and his family, aunts and uncles, cousins, once, twice, thrice removed...their wives and husbands...all of them...every single one of them...a-ma-zing, fun and real...blessed is what I am. Blessed.
- friends...true friends that I can laugh with, cry with, be my self with...good, bad and ugly...putting up with my strong-willed self, and sometimes too many curse words.
- a good job at a good school working with good, good people...we work hard together, support each other, encourage, and laugh! a lot!...what a blessing to enjoy going to work each day.
- a sturdy roof over my head...keeping me safe, and warm...protecting me, and those that I love. It's not a big roof, but it's our roof.
- food...a stocked pantry and fridge and freezer...so much more than so many.
- God...a good God who loves me, guides me, whispers to my heart...even when I'm not completely willing to listen.
Ya know, I complain. A lot. It's always something with me. But when I stop and think about it...really think about it, my life, those around me, all of the good things...it occurs to me that I really shouldn't complain at all. But rather, I should give thanks...over and over and over...that God has provided me with so many blessings...that He has surrounded me with incredible people...that He has given me so much...and none of it deserved...but every single thing a gift...and a blessing.
Thank you God...for a good life.