Saturday, June 9, 2012

around here.

Me and my babies...12 years ago.
Good morning. It's windy today. Like, really windy. My other least favorite weather condition. :) Sounds like a good reason to use some bullet-points!
  • It's graduation day today at our local high school. I just want to cry for all the moms that I know whose babies are headed out into the big world. And cry for myself because it will be my turn to send my baby out this time next year.
  • It is officially summer vacation. In a couple of months both of my babies will be at the high school. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
  • Chris is off today so he's planning on finishing up a project and starting another. He started building a small storage shed along an unsightly back wall of our house. I wasn't sure at first, but I think it's actually going to make that area look a bit better. The back of our house has always been unattractive. I don't think anyone that has ever lived here ever did anything to this backyard. It's been a long time coming to show it a little love. It's coming along...
  • Seth is headed out for the day to celebrate with his friends that are graduating. I figure I won't see him much at all today.
  • Ian will probably be helping Chris out today. He is a good builder. And a good designer. A couple of weeks ago he designed a fish tank stand using the computer program he learned to use in his Drafting class. Then, using that plan, he and Chris built the stand and then Ian painted it. It is now in Ian's room holding a gigantic fish tank (and a smaller one on the bottom shelf, too!) and looks great.
  • As for me? I don't know really. I know that a grocery store run is in my near future...and cooking some dinner. And of course a load of wash or two. But other than that I don't have any big plans. Which is fine with me. I feel like I just need to go slow for a while...so I will.
I hope you all have a beautiful Saturday...take care of you, remember to breathe, and say a prayer of thanks. There's always something to be thankful for, ya know?

No comments: