Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday morning...

my favorite scripture.

Well, hello Sunday morning...

It's been a while since I've been here...our internet was down and posting from a phone or tablet is just too tedious. So...I took a break.

It was good...it encouraged me to get up off my butt, get out of the house and go for a few walks. I have been making excuses as to why I can't exercise...no time, no exercise clothes, old shoes that cause shin splints...yada yada yada...blah blah blah.

Last Saturday I was going to go buy good walking shoes and a few pair of yoga pants (nope, I don't own one single pair) because I kept saying, "I need {fill in the blank} before I can exercise." But then it's like a voice inside my head said, "What you need to do is quit making excuses and for a dang walk."

So, I did. In jeans and my ratty shoes. And it felt good.
And the next day? I did it again.

I know. It's two walks. Big deal. But you have to start somewhere. And I did. Granted, I haven't walked since Monday evening (which actually makes three walks last week), but hey, the World Series is on and MY TEAM is playing! I'm sure I'm burning calories yelling at the TV and pacing the living room floor!

This is my plan...I'm going to walk regularly, 3-5 times a week, as time and life permits...and take one or two yoga classes per week. I need to get healthy. And strengthen this body of mine. I figure if Joyce Meyer can start at 60-something, I can certainly start at 40-something. ;)

Maybe I can squeeze in a walk today between seeing Seth off to school (yes, he was home for the weekend...my mama's heart is happy) and tonight's game.

Enjoy your Sunday...xo


1 comment:

Denise said...

I watched your team play a great game last night!

keep on walking too....!!