Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thrift stores rule.

I love thrift stores. One in town, in particular. It supports our local safe house and all proceeds go directly to it. I have been able to get many of my canning supplies there as well as countless items for the house. And the books for FREE. All they ask is that you toss a little something in the kitty.
I happened upon these lovely items on my last visit. I actually got two of these big baskets...you may recall seeing one housing my gardening goodies in my previous post? I love them. They're so big and sturdy and well made. I thought they'd look cute with lettuce growing in them but I haven't figured out how to line the basket first so that it won't rot out. (Any ideas?) As far as the crate...I haven't figured out a use for it yet...but I mean, really, what CAN'T I use it for, right? Everyone needs an old wooden crate lying around!

No comments: