Friday, October 10, 2008

This is about as "mistreated" as you can get!

There's a blog I visit now and then, Nesting Place. She has this technique for window treatments called "Mistreatments". She's referring to inexpensive, easy ways to dress up windows...and she does a beautiful job of it. As I was photographing my kitchen the other day, I realized that *I* had a mistreatment.
This is the door in my kitchen that leads out to the back deck. As you can see, it's plain. It needed something. Some color. Some pizzazz. I achieved the color but I'm not so sure about the pizzazz part! Either way...I don't mind it.

Let me share how I did it. Since my door is metal I took two metal, magnetic clips and spaced them evenly above the window. I then took a cute tea towel I had purchased in a packaged set and folded it in half evenly (pretty much, anyway!). Then I put the folded side of the towel into the clips and...voila! An inexpensive valance. Major mistreatment...but I still like it.

It also appeals to my sense of frugality... which alwas makes me happy. I love a good deal!

1 comment:

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Michelle,
I stumbled upon your blog and the words you wrote in "About Me" rang so true to me that I had to leave a comment. I look forward to getting to know you better through keeping up on your posts. Feel free to visit me if you have time:-).

Cute curtains, by the way! My technique is to avoid them all together:-).