|homemade elder berry cough syrup...oh yes I did.|
- I have the flu...complete with aches, fever, cough.
- Luckily I made homemade cough syrup last week (for Ian) out of dried elder berries. More on that later in the week...when I'm feeling better.
- My family is scattered today and it makes me uneasy...Chris is at work, Ian is in Sacramento at a wrestling tournament and Seth is headed to the beach with a group of friends. (Yes, it's dang cold here...it's a winter beach trip..) And I am stuck at home...sick.
- Is it just me? Or are foggy days eerily more quiet than other days? Weird...
- The chickens haven't laid an egg in over a month. I realize it's been cold...but we've had a few nice, sunny, even warm days here lately...and I've been letting them free-range to their hearts content...which includes lovely dust baths in my flower pots and spreading their wings all wonky while sunning themselves on the deck. All that and I can't get a dang egg? They're taking this winter break thing seriously...
- The house is a mess. And we're out of food. Yep. Mom's sick, alright.
- Chris took care of dinner for me last night...in the form of pizza delivery! I think we'll be having some mac and cheese from a box tonight...I am so not feeling like cooking.
- Chris ran to the store last night to get me some Squirt...I needed it. As a bonus he brought me a box of Almond Roca...what a sweetie!
- OK...time to go lay down...again. What are you doing on this wintry Saturday? Hopefully something more fun than me!